Feel free to use this page as desired to support the development of this article. Make notes for yourself or for someone else. Delete items that are done are determined not to be pertinent. If the article is left unfinished in some way, it is helpful to leave a note about that for any future volunteers. If you wish to sign your name than use three tilde (the wavy 'dash' line ~). To sign your name and the date, use four tilde. This will create a link to your profile page here at the wiki. If you haven't created a profile page yet, a question mark will show after your name.
That is okay. Magpie April 12, 2014, at 12:58 PM
Consider the info below to available help for you. It is not a checklist of what you MUST do. It's just a guideline. Don't let it scare you. It serves your needs. You are the master. :-)
What Needs to Be Done
write description that includes:
- goal/focus of discussions
- frequencies of discussions
- time span of discussions
- board posted on
- GOLD taken from Geeky Observation List Discussion
- describe Geeky Observation List
- link to Geeky Observation List on web
- we don't have a wiki article about the Geeky Observation List - it's a worthy topic but I don't want to start a page unless someone commits to writing an article on it.
- other pertinent info
After writing description for this article, copy to this page: Chapter of the Week : Collected Links
Put very simple description on the Message Boards Periodic Threads: Index page under the heading for CHOW. Look for XXXXX
any changes if any. (like who hosted... etc.) if there is nothing significant, delete this section.
Ethel Duath has offered copy editing services for the Mathom-house. If her help is desired on this article, contact her.
See also (if interested): Punctuation and Capitalization Standards
Should you choose, a collection of links can be added to Chapter of the Week : Collected Links page. This is for an adjunct section provided for the benefit of the Message Board community but is not part of the Mathom-house mission.
format of the links
can be a simple 'dump' of the url:
The wiki software will turn this into a clickable link
a simple dump of the url with some extra info:
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=731392#731392 - Out of the Frying-Pan, April 11, 2014
A cleaner look to the link by adding some code. Click edit to view the code:
AUJ: Out of the Frying-Pan - April 11, 2014
note on code: the first part opens the link up in a new window. That code should be used for all links leading to any site other than a Mathom-house wiki page. For more info on links, visit BasicEditing#links
Keep in mind that one can do the quick way first... then come back and do the coding. Or one can dump the urls and someone else can come by to do the coding.
note on TORn urls - one should always use the short version of urls for TORn posts. To get the short version, click on 'Shortcut' under the poster's name, avatar, posting time, and view count. Then copy the resulting url.
Should I include a note?
For the sake of accuracy:
- There are no official DVD chapter titles for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, so we used the names from the soundtrack as well as several made-up. The DVD for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug does have official chapter titles.
- Two chapters ended up being merged into one CHOW thread - The White Council and '' "Why the Halfing?" '.
- Azog Attacks thread was never created, so we moved on.
Does this information warrant a note somewhere, perhaps Chapter of the Week : Collected Links?